Who we are
EPSA: A story of refreshment
The history of EPSA dates back to 1924, when there was a surplus of lemons in the geographical area of Pelion. Observing a sales increase of traditional lemonade by peddlers, the owners of EPSA set the goal to create a factory that produces Soft Drinks. A German Chemical Engineer was invited to assist with the production of lemonade. It was then that the secret recipe was born and is preserved until today.
During the nine decades that passed since then, a lot of progress has been made. In 1937, EPSA was awarded the “Golden Award for Quality” at Thessaloniki International Fair. In 1940, the noted glass bottle of EPSA, that was meant to become the landmark of the brand, is designed.
The last years, next to the classic Orangeade, Lemonade, Lemon Soda and Soda Water, many new products have been added: Iced Drinks with Tea in several flavours, Tonic, Sour Cherry Drink, Organic Lemonade and Orangeade and Lemonade, Orangeade and Cola light (with sweetener from the stevia plant). Also, “light drops”, a liquid sweetener from the stevia plant, was the new innovation. Last, but not least, Pink Lemonade was the latest addition to our product list.